Saturday, May 20, 2006

Remembering

I was pulling some things out to pack today and found one of my mom's photo albums my sister gave me. As I looked through the photos I sent to her of Courtney when she was little, I smiled and remembered how much she loved Courtney - and the rest of her grandchildren. In the back of this album she had every post card I ever sent her on our trips to and from bases. She kept these in a photo album...... It touches my heart to know she kept these postcards. (big sigh)
Then, I got to thinking. What is wrong with me? I used to send a card to *everyone* for every holiday. Birthdays of course, but all holidays, valentines, Easter, st. patricks, thanksgiving, etc. Why do I not send the ones I love a little note to tell them I am thinking of them? I used to, why not anymore? Did I somehow get to busy for my family? The people I love? That couldn't be it. I love them. Nothing is more important than family. Maybe after my mom passed away 9 years ago, it just doesn't have the same meaning? Just because I can't send her a card doesn't mean I should stop sending everyone else a card. My goal is to remember the ones I love. To send them a card to let them know I am thinking of them and I love them. In this day and age with computers, I think I rely too much on email. We need to send/receive a card in the mail, or even a phone call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home