Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Golden Rule

After my experience with the vet on base a few weeks ago, I decided I was never going to set foot in that vet clinic again! The vet is nasty and rude. She made me so mad I cried! Callie is a big dog, around 100 pounds - she has an ear infection. She insists (every time we go in) that this monster of a dog needs to be on the table because she can't bend over to see her. I WARN them she is a submissive pee'r and she will spray them down. She gets all nasty and says "well, if you want her on the floor, you will have to go somewhere else!". Totally ticked me off. That wasn't the end of it, there was more, but I will spare you the details. I tell Chris I am not going back. I will either take her in town or he can take her on base. She gets ear infections a good bit, and I do treat them, but they keep coming back. They say it's because of her heavy floppy ears. I guess this is something we are going to to have to deal with her entire life. So, Chris takes her to the vet this morning. He is a man in uniform and the vet couldn't be nicer.. GAG! She even bent down on the floor and didn't insist that Callie be put on the table! It really makes me mad how the people on a base treat dependents and members. We are all people. Just because I do not wear a uniform does not mean I need to be shown disrespect. It isn't just the vet clinic, it's everywhere on base. If you aren't the member, you are nothing. They preach "family first", but rarely show it. When we move, I am finding a good vet off base. I have one here for the rabbits, but it would be silly to change now with only having 3 months until we move. I want to be treated with respect like any normal person, and if that means going off base and paying more, that works for me.

My Callie Girl - lab mix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home