Friday, March 31, 2006

preserving the past

I did accomplish a little last night. Did some laundry, made dinner, and even scrapped a page! Could have done more, but c'mon, we don't want to over do ourselves, haha.

I hate that all my old photos are so crappy. But, what can you do? I can't go back and retake them all. Wish I could, but can't. I am just glad I have so many photos of COurtney when she was little. They may not be the best, but they are my memories. Soon to be scrapped and saved for her for later. For a couple years now, Courtney kept telling me she didn't want my scrapbooks, that she would burn them because she hates photos of herself. This has really been bothering me. I told Chris I wanted to leave all my scrapbooks to his sister, Leslie. Leslie and I are rather close, even though we are 15 years apart. (Umm, does that mean I act too young?? lol) Anyway, a couple weeks ago, Courtney told me she wanted my scrapbooks. I said.. you don't want to burn them anymore? She said no, she'll keep them. I would love to know what changed her mind. Maybe she heard Chris and I talking about it one night. It hurt my feelings bad knowing she wouldn't want these books. They are being made for her, but for me to also enjoy now. I am so glad she has changed her mind. A few of her friends have said they wished their mom would do something like that for them. Maybe that made her see the light? I don't know, and I"m not going to analyze it too much (so hard for me), I'm just glad she wants them!

Today's Challenge:
4 for Friday - List four things that complete your scrapbook layout. Things that you seem to use on every layout (or the majority of your layouts).

I seem to be using the same things over and over these days!!
1. primas
2. mini brads
3. big letters
4. pattern paper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home