Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lesson Learned

What a day! Monday, I took Courtney to get her hair colored. She has wanted purple streaks for ages, so I finally gave in. It is almost her bday, so why not. She has had red streaks before, and they were actually pretty cool. I get there to pick her up, and she has normal highlighs - no streaks. I tell the girl this isn't what she wanted, can we have it redone. Sure, so we make an appt for Wed (last night). Wed night, I explain to the girl she wants STREAKS not highlights. She says, oh, ok. I leave, go back to pick her up. OMG! She did highlights again, with this awful stuff that turned her hair BLUE! First she bleached it, then put the stuff on. So now, Courtney has FOUR different colors in her hair, if not more. Her natural color, the red violet from Monday, the bleached that didn't get colored and this blue/purplish crap! My poor baby. She cried and cried. Chris came home right as we did and was mad because I didn't take care of it RIGHT then. I decided to go get a coloring kit and color it myself, then after getting back home, decided against it. I took Courtney back to JCP this morning and tell them we want a refund. The lady looked and said. "well, that's different". Umm, ya think?? Then she has the nerve to say, "so, what's wrong with your hair?" Does she NOT see there are 4 different colors on this child's head? I explained how she wanted streaks and she kept getting highlights and it is not what she wanted and is definitely not the color she wanted! She offered to redo her hair once again. Umm, no thanks, not a third time. I said we were going somewhere else to get it fixed, and then she had no more questions, just refunded our money. It was easier than I thought it was going to be, but still a pain in the butt. $75 for this crap and we still have to go somewhere to get it fixed. We put our faith into these people because we sure as heck don't know what we are doing. We didn't go to school to be a cosmetologist, so we pay them the money, hoping they know what they are doing. Normally this girl is really good with Courtney's hair, but this time it just didn't work. I want to take a photo of her hair and scrap about it, but I don't think she will let me.
Lesson for today:
Don't be afraid to speak up when you are wronged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home