Sunday, September 28, 2008

9*27*08

Today we went to the Congaree Swamp. It wasn't really what I was expecting, but we had a good time. I was thinking there would be more water and alligators!! But, it was more about the trees. There were tons of creepy spiders, some turtles in the Watson Lake, and woodpeckers in the distance.

Entrance


We walked 2 1/4 miles on the boardwalk.


Creepy spider!


Fungus or mushroom??

This tree is over 175 years old (I think it was this one) There is another tree that was over 500 years, I think.


Hollow tree, they think had bats living in it at one time.


Lightening stuck this tree.


After the swamp, we had dinner at Eric's San Jose. I think we finally found a good Mexican restaurant. Leaving the parking lot, we were headed over to target and saw this, lol.



This is the only layout I finished at the crop last night.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jens Place in Space said...

Hi! I found your blog through Ally Scraps. I love this page, and what a cool park to go to.

10/02/2008 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home